Orioles-Mariners postponed by rain; Tuesday doubleheader will start at 4:05 - BaltimoreBaseball.com

Orioles-Mariners postponed by rain; Tuesday doubleheader will start at 4:05

The Orioles’ scheduled game against the Seattle Mariners was postponed by rain on Monday night.

The Orioles and Mariners will play a doubleheader on Tuesday, beginning at 4:05 p.m.

John Means, who was supposed to start on Tuesday will pitch Game 1. Dean Kremer, the scheduled starter on Monday night, will pitch the second game.

Justus Sheffield and Nick Margevicius are Seattle’s pitchers.

Before Monday night’s rainout, Orioles manager Brandon Hyde said that he was moving Ryan Mountcastle out of the cleanup spot in the batting order.

“I’m just trying to take a little pressure off Ryan,” Hyde said. “He’s putting so much pressure on himself. I want to give Ryan a little bit of a breather, talked about it with him. I’m just trying to let him breathe through his at-bats. I see him really pressing.”

He also addressed situational hitting after Anthony Santander bunted on a 3-1 pitch with Trey Mancini on first and one out.

“If I’m Anthony Santander with a 3-1 count, I’m looking to drive the baseball. But if I do decide to lay a bunt down, and I only have one strike on me, it’s either going to be fair or foul. I’m not going to allow the pitcher to go over and get it. All these things, we’re still learning.”

1. BrooksPJs

April 12, 2021 at 9:58 pm

There’s this group of 9 to 10 individuals who have an average grade of C-. If you exclude the worst performer, their average grade is B+, but I think it is appropriate to disparage all 9-10 of them…

• willmiranda

April 13, 2021 at 10:48 am

Thanks, Grumpy! Great sourpuss remark!

• BrooksPJs

April 13, 2021 at 4:41 pm

You are most welcome Will!

• BrooksPJs

April 13, 2021 at 4:53 pm

“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.”

― Oscar Wilde

• CalsPals

April 13, 2021 at 11:55 am

:)…go O’s…

2. Hallbe62

April 13, 2021 at 11:19 am

“All these things, we’re still learning”.

Yep. Most profound words to pass Hyde’s lips so far this year. But be patient, there’s better coming.

• 33d St

April 13, 2021 at 4:56 pm

Statistically it is inevitable that on a long enough timeline, the Orioles will finish a season with an improved record. So you are correct. As long as our 26 year old outfielders continue to sloooooooowly absorb the fundamentals of baseball that used to be taught before the age of 10, why someday by gosh we might just play a full game of heads-up baseball.

3. CalsPals

April 13, 2021 at 12:41 pm

Isn’t he supposed to be breathing through his eyelids?…go O’s…

4. TxBirdFan

April 13, 2021 at 1:23 pm

It would be nice to see Means continue his effective pitching in the first game. This team misses Alberto who always seemed to be on base, but their hitting will come around. I’m not so sure about their pitching which is why it’s so important to see Means have a quality start.

• Shamus

April 13, 2021 at 2:45 pm

I guess a .222 batting average would have Alberto batting fourth in Os lineup

• CalsPals

April 13, 2021 at 2:51 pm

Watched Angels & Royals last night, seemed like an O’s reunion…lol…go O’s…

• Shamus

April 13, 2021 at 3:21 pm

How about that dudeOhtani?!

• CalsPals

April 13, 2021 at 3:53 pm

What a freak, fun to watch, exciting watching games that have legit stars on their teams…go O’s…

5. BrooksPJs

April 13, 2021 at 4:29 pm

Man Pedro let up homers in the 1st and the 2nd innings already. Come on Pedro, get it together!!!

Wait, wait, just getting this in…Pedro caused Mancini to ground into a DP too. Sheesh!

6. BrooksPJs

April 13, 2021 at 5:16 pm

Rich, Rich, Rich,

Got your post DH question here:

Why was Means started at 405 and Kremer in the evening? Means has a better ERA in night games than in day games. And Kremer has a better ERA in day games than in night games.

April 13, 2021 at 9:10 pm

I’m not able to be there today, but Means was given the option of which game to start, and he elected the first.

7. BrooksPJs

April 13, 2021 at 5:29 pm

Altogether now – “Why is Urias on this team?”

• CalsPals

April 13, 2021 at 5:50 pm

Quote from April 3, “Alas, this is my last post here”, gotta love a guy with integrity…not sure why you’re trying to piss off everyone on this site, are you from Russia?…LMAO…go O’s…

• jimcarter

April 13, 2021 at 6:01 pm

Wherever he’s from, he’s lonely, unloved and incredibly insecure.

• BrooksPJs

April 13, 2021 at 7:30 pm

OMG I am lonely and unloved dagnabit what will I do? How will I continue?

• Birdman

April 13, 2021 at 6:32 pm

Cal, contrary to your comment, you don’t speak for “everyone on this site” … while you may not care for Brooks’ commentary, he’s just as entitled to speak his mind as you (and Boog) are to engage in seemingly endless Elias bashing and charges of “tanking.'”

• BrooksPJs

April 13, 2021 at 7:34 pm

Thanks for looking that up there CP. yup my integrity quite ain’t at 100%. I did cancel all my MLB subscriptions but I missed giving you a hard time so I had to come back to torment the ole sour puss gnome… and Will too. Deal with it

• CalsPals

April 13, 2021 at 6:40 pm

Wasn’t my comment as much as it was his quote, besides you appear to be the only one sticking up for him, typically you have issues with almost anything I say anyway, I’m glad you pay attention to me so much…flattering…again, didn’t say anything but quote him…go O’s…

8. 33d St

April 13, 2021 at 6:11 pm

Urias hits one out! Mikey’s “launch angle analytics” are finally paying off!!

9. CalsPals

April 13, 2021 at 6:21 pm

Severino let’s another one by him in extra innings…unreal…go O’s…

10. BrooksPJs

April 13, 2021 at 7:35 pm

Scott and Mancini? Should they be DFA’d or what?

11. CalsPals

April 13, 2021 at 8:07 pm

O’s pitching is so frustrating, Kremer seems to have it, then not, Means, long ball kills ya, doesn’t help they’re only playing 7 innings, too many crooked numbers…go O’s…

12. BrooksPJs

April 13, 2021 at 8:11 pm

Pedro hosing up those young pitchers again…

13. LonelyUnlovedDudeOfNoIntegrity

April 14, 2021 at 5:41 pm

Testing out the new name…