Diner Question: Will you attend more Orioles games in 2019? - BaltimoreBaseball.com

Dubroff’s Diner

Diner Question: Will you attend more Orioles games in 2019?

Photo Credit: Joy R. Absalon

If you’re going to today’s home opener, I hope you’ll stop at Dubroff’s Diner first. The first week of Orioles baseball has been an interesting and surprising one, and they return to Camden Yards with a record of 4-2, much better than many had anticipated.

Fans have noted the team’s energy, defense and aggressive baserunning.

Has this past week convinced you that things are turning in the right direction more quickly than you anticipated? Or is it just a good week?

This week’s Diner question: Does the Orioles’ strong start make you more likely to attend games this season?

1. [email protected] yard

April 4, 2019 at 8:02 am

No, I really don’t want to attend games. The 51 inch Samsung in my man cave is a better seat, and beers are cheaper from my fridge.

• BirdsCaps

April 4, 2019 at 2:15 pm

It would be nice if beer prices were correlated to winning pct. For example, last year should have featured $1 beers to help you sit through the depressing product on the field.

April 4, 2019 at 8:55 am

Uh …yeah .. this week’s success is highly unlikely to be repeated often. I do like the change in the style of the game they’re playing. I don’t like the decision to keep the young players with upside down on the farm. It reeks of a tank job. I know that players on the squad won’t ‘tank’ but until the management commits to playing the best they have in system, I won’t be coming up I95 from Virginia too many times this year and certainly not more than in the past. I love baseball … LOVE it, but with things being as they are, I’d rather give the O’s my $$ through MASN. I see 1, maybe 2 trips to the yard.

3. JoeFundo

April 4, 2019 at 9:07 am

Definitely. Going today. I want to see the “kids.” And I will see a few more minor league games this year, too. Gotta see the “kids on the way.”

4. Grand Strand Bird Fan

April 4, 2019 at 9:44 am

I originally had a 13 game plan for several years. After we moved to MB I didn’t renew mainly because of logistics. The Orioles keep contacting me regarding renewing them. That said there are tickets available on their website for today’s game. I never thought I would ever see that. Attendance will be lower again this year. Other teams with poor talent are experiencing the same problems this year.

5. DevoTion

April 4, 2019 at 10:08 am

Hopefully I will get to a game this year, I haven’t been since 2016. If the O’s make the playoffs I’ll be there no doubt.

April 4, 2019 at 10:24 am

“If they make the playoffs”?

Did you say PLAYOFFS? Bwaahahhaahhaaaahahahaha

6. Phil770

April 4, 2019 at 10:59 am

No, they will need to do a lot more than they have done for me to go the CY. Yesterday showed what a rebuilding team does. Send a pitcher making his MLB debut to hold BJs. He doesn’t and gets sent down. Martin, Mullins and Davis collectively below the Mendoza line. Nothing to be excited about.

• Bhoffman1

April 4, 2019 at 1:53 pm

Mendoza line lol. Davis is batting zero. There is no line there

7. Tony Paparella

April 4, 2019 at 11:14 am

I live 7 hours away so kind of hard to attend more games.We flew down last couple of years but going to try driving down this year for a Red Sox series in July as flights seem to be going up..Hope it is not too much of a hassle driving there,anyone with advice on making it easier I am open to it.Coming from central New York State.Never attended any games until a few years ago and never as a kid because money wasn’t there but been following team since ’54.I loved the Orioles and they have always been an outlet for me as far as entertainment and relaxation.

• cedar

April 4, 2019 at 5:44 pm

Tony – have you looked into taking a train down? Much cheaper than flying and less stressful than driving.

8. George in the Swamp

April 4, 2019 at 12:17 pm

Had a 13 game plan for 24 years – suffered through all those horrible seasons of losing – even came when I was living in Charlotte NC. But not this year.

Why ?

2018 left me feeling unappreciated and abused by management. While changes have been made, as long as they drag around the automatic out named Davis, I will go watch minor league baseball at a minor league price.

9. BirdsCaps

April 4, 2019 at 2:20 pm

I at least hope to go to more games this year. Watching a bunch of Quadruple A guys (except a few e.g. Mancini, Villar, Bundy) overperform is much better than watching the monstrosity of 2018. Also, tix should be cheaper (stubhub) and there are some decent giveaways this year.

10. donvaughn6741

April 4, 2019 at 4:09 pm

Hope to see at least a couple games this year.

11. Bhoffman1

April 4, 2019 at 5:09 pm

Why is Mike Wright spelled wrong still on this team

12. Birdman

April 4, 2019 at 5:24 pm

How long can the Chris Davis debacle continue? As Jim Palmer observed, Davis stubbornly refuses to even try bunting … I guess Davis has decided that having the lowest batting average in baseball and striking out half the time is a better alternative.

• Bhoffman1

April 4, 2019 at 8:00 pm

He’s a idiot on Camden chat he said he’s disappointed all his hard work hasn’t paid off but is happy to be home. He’s in major denial

13. Camden Brooks

April 4, 2019 at 5:30 pm

My trips to OPCY do not vary from season to season. I go whether they are great or terrible. I’ve said it before…if your kid gets a bad report card, you still show up for parent teacher conferences – even if you don’t like the teacher.